Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Why you are invited to celebrate World Vaping Day 2019 on May 31 2019

World No Tobacco Day 2019 is coming on May 31st.
This event was initially created by the World Health Organization in 1988 to remind people of the tragic health toll of smoking cigarettes and encourage smokers to quit (at least for one day).
At the time there was not much help that could be offered to smokers to get rid of a strong addiction. Nevertheless the tobacco control community gave it a try.
Today, the situation is different as vaping has been adopted by millions of ex-smokers who told /tell how it helped them quit after numerous failed attempts with other methods.
Some vapers still keep smoking cigarettes, they are called "dual users", but most often they considerably reduce the number of cigarettes they smoke. I would think it's better to smoke 5 cigarettes per day instead of one or two packs.
Unfortunately, some old and former colleagues within the tobacco control community deny vaping offers any health benefits and should not be in any way recommended and preferably prohibited. Such a prohibition is even now proned by the World Health Organization and any group promoting vaping is assimilated to the tobacco industry and prevented from attending any meeting. I think it is a shame, a travesty of what the World Health Organization should do and promote.
That's why I invite you, vapers of the world, who have succeeded in switching from smoking combustibles to vaping to celebrate World Vaping Day 2019 on May 31, along World No Tobacco Day by starting to post now your story, the story of your switch and quit. I'll post here a few of the stories I found, mostly in English (you can see thousands here). Thanks to the automated translating tool we can understand any language so feel free to post in your own language and let me know so I can incorporate your message on this blog (if you feel like it). Of course you can also use any other internet platform: Twitter is great, Facebook if you want, etc.
You can reach me via email worldvapingday2019 at gmail.com
Thank you for joining in the celebration of World Vaping Day 2019!

2 comments:

  1. I started smoking when I was 14 yrs old. I wanted to fit in and the smokers were accepting me. When I was 25 years old I tried to quit for the first time. I did, cold turkey for a whole month. But I wasn't myself, I was an emotional wreck that whole month. To the point I couldn't function normally. So I relapsed. When I was 30 yrs old, I asked my doctor for help. The only option he could give me were NRT's, that I had to pay for myself. He refused to prescribe Champix, because I had been diagnosed with depression. I bought a pack of ridiculously expensive gum, but I hated it and didn't help combat cravings. So I kept smoking and pretty much gave up on quitting. 6 years ago, I found vaping. I bought a cheap set of two devices and some eliquid, because I didn't want to smoke inside my house and car anymore. Outside or at work I still smoked, but after 3 days of vaping at home, I was pretty much done smoking. I tried one last smoke and I remember being disappointed with the flavour and throat hit. So I put it out after just a couple of drags. I never smoked again. I still vape, have tried cutting down on nicotine, but that messed with my ability to regulate my emotions. So I am happy where I am now. I am not worried about the harm of vaping, so far, it's all been good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Idk how this works (system/process), but defo wanna participate. Cheers & God speed

    ReplyDelete